10 November, 2010

CLARKE QUAY and BEYOND

Spent more than one hour...took some pictures.. ABOVE @ CLARKE QUAY AREA ( where my hotel is located near Clarke quay )...Clarke quay itself is entertaiment centre in Singapore , this place is full bar and restourant, I thought holiday should be relax and fun.. right ..??so how come ? I try...walk and walk from hotel.. and .. I found some great places to be ' share , and write here.....
ALKAFF BRIDGE
The Alkaff bridge , footbridge , was build in 1997 The colourfull bridge , Located near Nanson Road
.
Catching Alkaff Bridge was repainted by Philippine artist ( Pic below ) and her crew using 52 different colours and more than 900 litres of paint in 2004.
"Painting the Alkaff Bridge is my gift to Singapore. I passionately believe in public art and hope that this project inspires many more like it and brings art into the everyday lives of Singaporeans." – Pacita Abad,( source from here)

Tidak ada komentar: