25 Desember, 2011

Pigeon Pose -Eka Pada Rajakapotasana

A Look Inside Our Hips With Pigeon Pose

My yoga poses homework this week is Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (One-Legged King Pigeon Pose,. I think I have a bit of an obsession with back bends.
This is my favorite pose of the body .. I like dancing sitting down I felt very slim.
I tell my friends who attend my class ... just starting out with pigeon to hold it for 5 minutes on each side while watching TV.

“Breathe into any tightness you feel in your hips,” I often say to yoga students when we do the hip-opening posture, Pigeon, in class.

“Then,” I continue, “on the exhale, let go of any stuck energy that’s hanging out there.” After flowing through this breathing pattern in Pigeon for several breaths, a lasting refreshment of the hips is typically felt upon releasing out of the pose.

Like Wheel, Pigeon is so good for me....sooo slim

Tidak ada komentar: